The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create an incident from service call module

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Claudia Tapia D
Regular Collector

Create an incident from service call module

Hi!
How are you?

I need to know how to do a pair of things:

1) In Service Call module, I fill all the fields and from there I want to relate my SC to an new incident. The issue is that I want to create the incident at the same moment. In the "New Service Relation Window" pressing the left button "Incident" I can see the options "Advance find" / New. When I select "new" It appears a new incident screen. My question is: with the SC open, can I copy the informacion from service call and paste it in the new incident?? I always copy selecting the record from the list of service calls and the changing to incident module and pasting. I want to know if I can do this directly with out changing modules.

2) In the same example, is it possible to create a rule to save the service call once I have saved the new incident?

THANK YOU SO MUCH
4 REPLIES
Jay Mistry
Frequent Visitor
Solution

Re: Create an incident from service call module

Hi Claudia

on point 1. you can use the "action" - Create Incident, copy values from current item.
This should create a new incident.
You can specify the fields that are copied by specifying them in the copy fields option through the admin console under Data > Copy Fields

It is abit flakey so you may want to test it in a Test Lab first and see how it works.

Hope this helps

Jay
Claudia Tapia D
Regular Collector

Thanks for answer.

I've already configured the copy fields section but what I want to know is:

If I can copy the values from the Service Call to Incident but with having the service call open. I only can copy saving the registry an selecting it from the list in the SC module. Do I have to configure something to do it ?

Thank you very much.
Claudia Tapia D
Regular Collector

I've already did it as you said first.

I didn't understand.

Thank you so much.

Thanks
Jay Mistry
Frequent Visitor

Claudia

The action "create incident - copy values from current item" is available when you have the service call open aswell as when you are in a view.

have you tried this?

Jay
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event