Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a custom view based on workgroup

Highlighted
Fabio Gil
Acclaimed Contributor

Create a custom view based on workgroup

Currently I have set up a custom view that allows me to pull all the service calls assigned to a given workgroup. This will pull all the calls where the workgroup is the last one that has worked on any particular call.

The view needs to be modifed so that it pulls the service calls where that workgroup has ever been assigned to, even if it's not the last one that has worked on a call.

How do I go about that?

Thanks much,

Fabio Gil
8 REPLIES
The Pike
Honored Contributor

Re: Create a custom view based on workgroup

I don't think you could do it on a custom view but you could certainly try to search by history lines, which is the only place within the Service Call where previous assignment is recorded out-of-the-box.

However, this will cause repeated records to show up if the Service Call was assigned to a certain group multiple times.

Use with caution as it might affect performance if you do not filter appropriately.

If your intent is to use this for reporting, you are better off using the views for reporting in the database. The right tool for the right job...

Hope this helps.
Points are welcome.

The Pike
Fabio Gil
Acclaimed Contributor

thanks for replying, yes I need to use that information for reporting. How do I search the history or access the reporting views? Note: I don't have access to the DB, only to OVSD application.

thx
The Pike
Honored Contributor

How about assigning points to my previous post, to encourage further participation from me and other forum members?

More on the exciting topic of the forums' point mechanism here:
http://forums13.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/helptips.do?#33

The Pike
Fabio Gil
Acclaimed Contributor

I thought I had given the points ... Ok, for 10 points, if somebody can explain to me how to search the history. Unfortunately I have the lowest priveleges when it comes to Ovsd, so the only thing I can do would be to create a Custom View (apparently). Hp is our service provider, should I go ask them to create such view for me?
Piku
Honored Contributor

Hi Fabio,

Last month I was also trying to do the almost same and what I used is activity table(for interaction it is "activityservicemgt").
In our environment whenever any one update(open,save,close)the record, SM generates the activity table record.
I wrote a java script implementing the following method :
1)From the operator table searching the operator who is mapped to particular assignment group/s. Storing the operator in array.
2)Then querying the activity table weather the operator have the name in 'operator' field of activity table. This will select the interaction number for the activities found.

But you have to care if record(in open state only) is in just assigned to another workgroup, it would not generate the activity record.

Check if this relates to your requirement then we could proceed together to solve the problem.

regards,

Hello Piku,

It certainly relates to my requirement. I know that the information I need ca be seen on the Audit History. What I'd like to find is a field that brings that information up so that when I am creating a View I can select the field and take it from there. I tried using the fields From>Workgroup and To>Workgroup but it doesn't work.

Thanks
The Pike
Honored Contributor

2 points? This crowd keeps getting tougher and tougher... Anyway...

Piku,
You are talking about ServiceCenter or Service Manager. Fabio is talking about Service Desk.

Fabio,
If HP manages your Service Desk system, then, yes, it would be a good idea to ask them if there is a mechanism you could use to report on workgroup assignment (Analyzed Data does this, sort of).

Again, I do not think it can be done by means of standard Views, which are the ones you are allowed to create.

Although History Lines can be searched, if you have the lowest privileges, perhaps explaining it will do more harm than good and you're better off asking your OVSD admin because of the performance issue I mentioned earlier.

Good luck!

The Pike
Fabio Gil
Acclaimed Contributor

The Pike, 3 points for you and more to come if you explain to me how to actually do it. Don't worry about the harm I can cause, I an IT person so I think I can handle it. Since I can't really do much, I can provide that information to our HP people.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event