Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a SC from a WO

Highlighted
Claire Moor
Regular Collector

Create a SC from a WO

Is there a way of creating a Service Call from an existing Work Order and copying specific field values through to the SC? Plus relate the SC and WO together?

Thanks
9 REPLIES
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Re: Create a SC from a WO

Hi Claire,

you could use sd_dataform to open a new service call and pass values from the work order to the new SC.

It should be possible to make the relationship between the two at the same time(previous threads have discussed this) though I have an issue making relationships to workorders using sd_dataform at the moment.

I have set up a smart action that is available to the user from the actions menu. The parameters for using sd_dataform and coping the values are placed in the smart action and the smart action calls an application that has been set up to call sd_dataform.
Claire Moor
Regular Collector

Hi Mark,

Thanks that's a great start! I have now created my Smart Action and it does create a SC but the vital part now is to relate the WO to the new SC.

Let me know if you manage to solve this!
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi Claire,

I certinally will. Any points for getting the ball rolling?
Claire Moor
Regular Collector

Of course, but I've just tried to run it again and it's now not working! Is there a log file created so that I can find out why?
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi Claire,

funny that I had a problem with this not working for a user earlier. However it appears that an error was logged to his local client log file (not the server log)when trying to execue the smart action.

Incidently the error refered to no space available for the users profile allocation. Once additional space was created for the users profile this seems to run ok again.

Do you get an error message pop up.

D:\Documents and Settings\xxxxx\Application Data\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\Service Desk\log
Claire Moor
Regular Collector

I've looked in my client\log folder and I don't have a log file in there - not sure why?!

When I run the Smart Action it just bombed me out of SD completely. I then had a look at the Action, made a couple of changes (took out the odd space) and ran it again and it now works OK?!!

Anyway, I've found another thread for creating the relations, but I can't get it to work. I've tried adding

"+Relations.WorkOrder.ID=ID" but I now get an error:

Attribute 'Relations.WorkOrder.ID' not found

Is this the same type of error you get?

Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi Claire,

aye, I get the same. I read somewhere that ou don't need the "Relations." to be added as Workorders are a one to one relationship but even without this is still doesn't work (though it doesn't throw an error).
lezhenin-usa
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi pplz

use 2 actions:
first one will be execute sd_datafarom
another one will be sets ServiceCall.ID at Workoder entity

by the way some problems with sd_dataform i found: if windows profile located on another disk as SD Client (not on C: 4exemple) it doesnot work :) and sometimes SD Client drops %USERPROFILE% environment. thats why we dont use any executes from clients
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi Claire,

I have been looking to do this as well recently. I logged this with HP Support and attached is the response (thanks to Frank for looking into this).

I'm still looking to see is there any other way to achieve this but nothing so far works.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event