Create Change ticket from Servicecall thru sd_event

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Harini.G
Collector

Create Change ticket from Servicecall thru sd_event

Hi,

I have tried creating a change ticket once a service call is resolved using sd_event in DB rule. But the same is not working and i am getting "error=2" in the server log.

Can somebody pls help me with the parameters and commandline to create a change ticket copying values from Servicecall. I have attached the ini file and command execution.

Pls help.

Rgds
Harini.G
14 REPLIES
Harini.G
Collector

Re: Create Change ticket from Servicecall thru sd_event

missed the attachments.
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi harini,

Include the full path to sd_event.exe

Remove the quotes for these 2 attributes or encase in quotes e.g.
Description-[Description] or "Description-[Description]"

Are there any mandatory fields set in change that you are not populating with the paramaters (may cause an issue)

Attach the .ini file
Ivan Sakharov
Frequent Visitor
Solution

Hi

I`ve attached as an example exe-action of creation new workorder.
Your ini file seems to be ok. If you are using localization add a new string in this file with your language ("LANGUAGE=RU" for example).
Check your settings in import mapping. Mapping with name "Changeevent" must have class with name "EMPLOYEE" where attributes DESCRIPTION == [Change;Description] and INFORMATION == [Change;Information]. All other required fields for Change are filled by template that you choose in Class.
I suggest your to make one more parameter (UID for example) that you have to confront with ID of change in field mapping and make this parameter as unique field. In theory you must post UID as some unique value but in practice you can post any constant value to it (in my example reg=26.04.2006 or reg=12345 :). Service Desk generate automatically its own UID for new change.
If something will go wrong post here error logfile of sd_event.
Harini.G
Collector

Hi Ivan,

Thanks for the reply.

After making the changes as per your mail, i am getting "error=123"

Pls advise.

Rgds
Harini.G
Ivan Sakharov
Frequent Visitor

I cant remeber all numberes of errors )
You have logfile c:\temp\Changeevent_err.log. If sd_event make some error an detailed explanation is written to this file. Plz post it here.
Harini.G
Collector

No Ivan,

There is no update in the error log.

Rgds
Harini.G
Ivan Sakharov
Frequent Visitor

It means that logfile updated in place where sd_event is located.
If you run sd_event.exe from folder c:\program files\HP\sd_event_bin\ than log file sd_event_error.log is created in the same folder
Harini.G
Collector

Hi Ivan,

I checked and found no error log.

I am attaching my config details along with the error which I get in the server log file. Pls check and let me know if there is any way out.

Rgds
Harini.G
Ivan Sakharov
Frequent Visitor

1. You did wrong. In my example command line was "-f C:\SD_files\SD_event\ini\loginAD.ini -v reg=26.04.2006 'inf=[information]' 'user_id=[User;Identification number]' 'sd_id=[ID]'" . As you see quates are single (') not double ("). There are no two slashes in paths (\\)

2. Why are you launch sd_event by DB rule? While testing its better to launch it from command line or File Manager (Far, Norton Commander etc). You will see all errors that creats sd_event by itself but nor Service Desk DB errors.
Harini.G
Collector

Hi Ivan,

I changed as advised by you. I got the change registered when I run from command prompt. But the same is not working from the DB rule and gives the same error - "error=2"

I dont understand whats the problem. Is there something to be done on the local workstation?

Pls advise.

Rgds
Harini.G
Ivan Sakharov
Frequent Visitor

Hi

See my parameters of DB rule in attach. Write IP of server instead of "localhost". Write correct path to sd_event.exe. In my example it is located in "c:\SD_files\SD_event\bin\sd_event.exe". Try to modify your settings exactly as in my screenshot (with different path to sd_event of course).
Harini.G
Collector

Thanks a ton Ivan for all the patient explanation given to me. I sincerely appreciate your effort. I have given 10 points to all your replies. No chance I can submit u more points :)

Rgds
Harini.G
Harini.G
Collector

Hi Ivan,

Just 1 more clarification reqd-- How do i copy the "Caller" from the Service Call..

When I give "Caller=[Caller;]" the value is not copied from the service call to the created change ticket.

Pls advise.

Rgds
Harini.G
Harini.G
Collector

Found the solution through another thread.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event