Did you mean: 

Copy of system view - SD

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Istvan Kara
Occasional Contributor

Copy of system view - SD

I made a copy of a system view in Service Desk, by clicking View - Current view - Define views... . I made a lot of change, then I saved it. When I have restarted the SD again, the view (mine) have disappeard. Why? Can you help me, please?

Thank you!
10 REPLIES
Robert S. Falko
Honored Contributor

Re: Copy of system view - SD

Hello,

It is not clear if you are creating the view as a System view, or as a local view.

If it is a system view, and if you are not using a System Administrator role, then you may need to have your new view made available to a role that you are using.

If it is a local view, then it is only visible on the client where you created it.

-Josh
Istvan Kara
Occasional Contributor

Sorry, I didn't tell, that I'm the local admin here. Inspite of that, it's allowed the users to make a copy of the system views, to modify it and to save it. Until last week it has been working, but last week a user told me that these views are disappeared. He tried to create them again, but when he started his machine again, the views disappeared again.
Thank you for your help!
Gyula Matics_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

You probably don't have permission to write
C:\Documents and Settings\\Application Data\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\Service Desk\Views.dat
Robert S. Falko
Honored Contributor

When you create a view it is cached locally and, assuming you have the rights, written to the file views.dat (see Gyula's remarks). So the view will always work at first.

The other potential problem is that you are somehow overwriting views.dat when you connect or when you login or logout from Windows.

-Josh
Robert S. Falko
Honored Contributor

István,

When you create a view it is cached locally and, assuming you have the rights, written to the file views.dat (see Gyula's remarks). So the view will always work at first.

The other potential problem is that you are somehow overwriting views.dat when you connect or when you login or logout from Windows.

-Josh
Istvan Kara
Occasional Contributor

Thank you All!
Istvan Kara
Occasional Contributor

-
Marc Hummel
Frequent Visitor

Kara,
Some of these people may appreciate a point or two for their time helping you... just a thought :)
Wounds heel, Pain fades... chix dig scar's, oh and everybody WangChung.
Istvan Kara
Occasional Contributor

OK, I used it first time. Next time I'll.
DavidKara
Collector

OFF:You should :)
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event