cancel

Copy fields from Service Call to Incident Module

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Claudia Tapia D
Respected Contributor.

Copy fields from Service Call to Incident Module

Hi, I need to copy the impact, urgency and the priority fields from service call to incident. I've already set them up in the "copy fields" option, anyway the only field that is copied correctly is the impact.

A) The urgency is always blank from SC to Incident (never copy anything) but when I copy from Service Call to Service Call there is no problem. What could be the problem?

b) In the case of priority, I don't know from where it takes a value but is not the same as the one in Service Call. Besides, in the Incident template. I don't have anything in this field. Do you know where can the HPOV is taking this information from???

THANK YOU VERY MUCH
5 REPLIES
Ruth Porter
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Re: Copy fields from Service Call to Incident Module

Hi Claudia,

As there is no urgency field as standard, I deduce that it is a custom field and custom fields will never be copied from one record type to the other - which is why it works for SC to SC but not to incident.

As regards priority, the value in that is taken from the service level and impact (service level includes a mapping for impact to priority) and that is probably what is causing your issue.

The issue with copying from SC to incident is that the relation is many to many.

The only way I can suggest that it is done automatically is that you use a DB rule with update related items - but this is not easy.

The simplest thing would be to make the fields mandatory and so the user would have to set them before they could save the Incident.

Hope this helps, Ruth

http://www.teamultra.net
Claudia Tapia D
Respected Contributor.

Hello Ruth, thanks for your response.

In the case of priority you said that service level includes a mapping for impact to priority) Could you please tell me where can I find this mapping (in what screen or menu)

Thank you
Julio Somilleda
Super Contributor.

Hi Claudia,

You can find that relation Impact vs. Priority when you define a Service Level as you can see in the image attached.

I hope it helps.

Saludos
Julio
Claudia Tapia D
Respected Contributor.

Julio, muchas gracias
Ruth Porter
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Claudia,

You ask about copying the assignment to work group across but it is not offered as a field in copy fields.

To do this automtically is possible IF you have something on a SC which can act as a trigger to do the copy from the SC.

The action is:
Update data, check the "Select Related item" box, select related incients and then set Assignment; To workgroup to Attribute Assignment; To workgroup with the "Use Realted items box" CLEAR.

Hope this helps, Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net