Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Copy data from Problem record to related incidents

Highlighted
vijiitrc
Respected Contributor.

Copy data from Problem record to related incidents

Hello,

I need to copy a field from PM ticket to the related incidents while associating.

I have 3 solutions for this and it is not recommended. Can someone please throw your ideas to achieve the best solution.

1. I have a java script to do this. Call js from fc -> update -> true.
i also tried to call this js thro script.execute from subroutines.

--- This will do a force update and there are chances for the locking.

2. Create a link b/w rootcause and problem. use post.fc to copy the data. Moreover, i dont have a field in rootcause that stores the related incident numbers.

-- This is again the force update.

3. Modify the screlconfig to populate the data in screlation for rootcause. Use this data to pull in VJ for problem.

This will not actually store the data in Problem table, just displays the read only value in VJ. This will affect reporting if required in future.

I achieved this requirement for Incident Open from a PM ticket. Modifying the link record - screlate.rootcause.problem suffice this purpose. For Incident Associate, i am not able to copy the data to the related incident as it is not using any link record.

Regards,
Viji
2 REPLIES
rrrobert_1
Trusted Contributor.

Re: Copy data from Problem record to related incidents

You could try a script that will send the data from the problem management ticket to a event (pmu) in the eventin queue that will post the update when the event scheduler runs. That will solve the locking issue
vijiitrc
Respected Contributor.

Re: Copy data from Problem record to related incidents

Thanks.