Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Copy Change record

Highlighted
JamesII
Honored Contributor.

Copy Change record

I have a user "Bob" that is assigned to two workgroups. Bob, goes into SD --> Change and copy/paste a change owned by him. But when opening up the "Copy of..." change, it's locked because the "To Workgroup" field is blank. Reason is because he is assigned to two groups. The fix would be to go to Tools | System | Data | Copy fields but for a change, "To Workgroup" is not listed as a field that is able to be copied. Does anyone have a workaround or solution without changing the Role security for a change.
3 REPLIES
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Copy Change record

Hi James,

there might be an option using sd_event to lauch the copy record as per this thread and to copy over fields not available in the "Copy Fields" section.

I don't see why the record wold lock if the To Workgroup" field is empty. If this mandatory?

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=965892
JamesII
Honored Contributor.

"I don't see why the record wold lock if the To Workgroup" field is empty. If this mandatory?"

If you go under Tools | System | Security | Roles, we have our USER role set that they can only modify CHANGES assigned to their workgroup.
Carol Hibbard
Acclaimed Contributor.

There is an enhancement request already to allow Assignment in Copy Fields: ITSM005107