The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert data in Data exchange (SD4.5)

Highlighted
HPSCDK
Regular Collector

Convert data in Data exchange (SD4.5)

I have a little bit of trouble with converting data, when I using data exchange. In my excel sheet, my number look like this 1000, but when I make the import it look like this 1000.0, and that’s not what I want.
How can I convert this data, so I only see 1000 and not 1000.0 (That’s give me a lot of trouble in zip-code, telephone, mobil number and so on)
4 REPLIES
Frans_F
Honored Contributor

Re: Convert data in Data exchange (SD4.5)

This has to do with the field formatting used on the excel side. I'm not 100% sure anymore, however I believe the best way is to format the fields in question as text fields. Just play around with the formatiing and you will be able to figure it out.
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

Can you maybe attach the excel sheet to this call (of a part of it?)

Maybe it's related to the way that the fields are defined in Excel. Right click on one cell with a value and choose "format cell". Now you see the way the field is defined in Excel. Maybe it's good to change this to "general" (when this is defined like something else).

Can you tell me if this helps and can you maybe attach the excel file?
HPSCDK
Regular Collector

I have now move the excel sheet to a database server, and there i don't have the problem.

I have alsp try to change the field type in excel, and is not working. I know there are some ways to make a convertion in SD5.X, but are not able to find these to SD4.X
HPSCDK
Regular Collector

Close
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event