Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Connection refused

Highlighted
Christian_100
New Member.

Connection refused

I can start the service desk client (version 4.5) without a problem. but when I want to save or open a file from a service call I get the error: Connection refused.
We have made a IP change from the sd Server. We have checked that when we want to open or save a file the client want to connect to the old IP and we get the error.
But when we open the service desk he connect to the new IP.
why connect the sd client to the old ip??
Thank you for your help
2 REPLIES
Ramaprasad N
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Connection refused

Hi,

To my understanding, it looks like you are trying to attach documents to a service call. If yes, please check your FTP connection settings under Admin Console --> System Panel --> Attachment Settings.

If few clients are experiencing problems while connecting to the OVSD app server, delete the file "C:\Documents and Settings\rprasadn\Application Data\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\Service Desk\user_settings.xml" on the problematic client systems (assuming the OVSD default path).
Christian_100
New Member.

Re: Connection refused

hi, thank you for the response. i will check this. but now we have another problem! My co-worker unintentionally runs the sd_premigration.bat file from open view\service desk 4.5\server\bin. now we have more troubles than before (when you open the sd you do not see any data. what can we do?