Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration of Approval via Web

Highlighted
amykoh

Configuration of Approval via Web

Hi,

I would like to use the Web Approval webpage for those who do not have the SD console.

Could someone help guide me through the steps involved to set this workflow up?

Thanks.

Amy
3 REPLIES
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Re: Configuration of Approval via Web

Hi Amy,

In the person record you need to select the option " Send Me an E-mail if I need to Approve an item" for the people that will be making approval decisions.

Specify up the URL that will be sent in the e-mail to point to the service pages
System Panel - General Settings - Application
Service Pages Host Name - should be prefixed by servername:8080

If you use the Tomcat web server supplied on the installation CD,
you must specify the port :8080 after the server name, for example,
SP_server1.invention-inc.com:8080

When a request is submitted the people listed as approvers will be sent an automated e-mail with a url prefixed as above.
amykoh

Hi,

I'm actually testing on my local pc.

On Service Desk -> Tools -> Options -> Advanced, already has "Send me email if I need to approve an item" therefore, by default everyone in Person has this feature enabled.

At the General Settings, Ive put "localhost:8080" on the Service Pages hostname. Is that all i need to put or do i need to include "http:\\localhost:8080"?

What Im doing now is typing in the Approval URL directly "http://localhost:8080/sd-sp45/Approval.jsp?vChange=2"

This is coz I created a Change ticket with the ID 2.

Ive created a user in SP account.

When I try logging into the above URL, I get to the Time setting page, then when I click "Submit", I get an error, "You are not allowed to view this change or this may have been deleted by another user."

Any ideas what happened in between?..did I miss a step?

Thanks.
Amy
Bhuvnesh
Frequent Visitor

Hi Amy,
You need not specify the change id in URL.
When you receive an email, it will contain the URL for approving related change.
(As far as I remember, the URL contains the OID of change instead of its number).

Also, check that the user has access to change item.

Hope it helps.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event