Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration Items Collection

Highlighted
Osama Selwadi
Collector

Configuration Items Collection

Hello
we are trying to use Service Desk for some customer, configuration items collection and enrty seems to be very defficult, could anybody please tell me whether we can use any other OpenView Solutions for hardware descoery of the configurstion items installed on the site and pass these data to the CMDB??
7 REPLIES
Vasily Kamenev
Honored Contributor

Re: Configuration Items Collection

Hi
Create Explorer view by Site.

Vasily
Osama Selwadi
Collector

Please what do you mean by this, i dont understarnd, we should collect information automatecally instade of going around the site and making data collection about installed RAM , CPU HDD ... of every PC or printer...
Vasily Kamenev
Honored Contributor

For this task you must have software for collection of this information: SMS, OVO, etc.

Vasily
Osama Selwadi
Collector

Could you please tell me where can i read about the proceadure of using SMS for this purpose?

Thank You
Vasily Kamenev
Honored Contributor

Read sd45_Data_Exchange_Admin_guide.pdf and look on sms.ini fail from folder \client\data_exchange\config

Vasily
LexTNS
Regular Collector

Hi Osama,
Could "Inventory Consolidation Manager" be of help for your wishes? It can search databases of, for example, OVOW, NNM, Altiris, Cisco works, etc. and import data to HPSD CMDB.
See: http://www.scope4mation.com/wm.cgi?lng=NL&main=3&id=
Greetings, Lex.
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I didn't read the details on Inventory Consolidation Manager but the tool would have to be able to export the data that it has collected to some format. OVSD can use certain formats to import data using the data exchange facility so the tool should work. If it should work. You need to understand how the data is to be exported / accessed from the Inventory Consolidation Manager and read how OVSD can handle the data using data exchange.

these tools work onthe principals of exporting data from o

I am sure that the tool Inventory Consolidation Manager hs a facility to export the data to some format
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event