Did you mean: 

Configuration Item view - related Folder structure

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Erika Fabiola G
Super Collector

Configuration Item view - related Folder structure

Hi, we use Service Desk SP15 and we have configured a Code / General / Folder called as "Pool" where we defined the country that a CI or Person is using.

We rename some of them and change the Parent so the situation :
one View with "group by" selected first by Pool Parent and second Pool by a strange rason is not displying correctly the tree. I mean appears the parent with their pools but other record is one of pools of them.

Somebody know what i need to modify in order the view show the original tree . (attach example)

Best Regards
Monterrey, Mexico.

6 REPLIES
Sam decosta
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Configuration Item view - related Folder structure

Hi,

I believe that you have created duplicate location.

Convert the view to table view and Check for SAC location.

Thanks,
Avinash
Erika Fabiola G
Super Collector

Hi,

Well, I have checked "SAC" on view and table and just there's one record. :( (RCT_OID)

As you see on attach, the view is grouping correctly but the dependendy is not correct, why the tool is doing this? -

- LATAM
- SAC
- MX
- SAC * if this depends from LATAM why show another group. I though it was from record's quotation but i did another view applying filter so the situation was the same.

HELP! :)
Regards
The Pike
Honored Contributor

Can you tell us what the View is supposed to show? I don't understand what is wrong from your description...
Erika Fabiola G
Super Collector

The situation is related that if we chose the option "group by" under any view on Configuration Item section, in theory the secuence mut be :

- Group#1
- Group#2
- Group#3

We have defined a folder called Pool that it has defined the country's names so if you can see the attach there's a record called SAC that is part of LATAM but appears two time - one under LATAM and other as free ...

That's my issue, i hope you understand my case.

Best Regards
The Pike
Honored Contributor
Solution

I'd check that Location table in the Admin Console again just to make sure.

Plus, the rep_codes_text (rct_oid) table is not exactly where I'd start looking for those in the database. I'd look in itsm_locations first.
Erika Fabiola G
Super Collector

I have verified under Admin tools, everithing is correct! :S

The tables show correctly th child and parent so i don't understand why my view is split one country. Show SAC asn part of LATAM and other SAC as part of root.

see images and thanks for your support.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event