Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration Item search code in Work Order view

Highlighted
Jeremy Wespi
Occasional Contributor

Configuration Item search code in Work Order view

Software: OpenView ServiceDesk 4.5 (SP7)

I have a request for a user to be able to view the Configuration Item search code (asset tag) in a work order view. When I go to customize the field for the view, I do not have 'Configuration Item search code' as an option. Is there a way to customize this to make it available?
5 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Re: Configuration Item search code in Work Order view

Hello Jeremy,

CIs on a workorder is a set. You can have multiple CIs linked to a workorder thus you can't have CIs attributes linked in a workorder view.

However there is a custom CI field on work orders. If you enable this and use this instead of the CIs on workorder set, then you can have in the view any CI field.
menes fhtagn
Vasily Kamenev
Honored Contributor

Hi
Modefy the view "Configuration Item on Work order"

Vasily
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

This affects the CI view on the workorder form and not the workorder view.
menes fhtagn
Jeremy Wespi
Occasional Contributor

I'm lost.

George:
Which one is the custom CI field that I need to enable? I found one called "Related Configuration Item", but it doesn't give me the option of selecting "Configuration Item search code" in the work order view.

Vasily:
What is the modification I am supposed to make to the view "Configuration Item on Work Order"? Mine is already set up to display the CI search code.

Thanks
Robert S. Falko
Honored Contributor

Jeremy,

When there is a 1:N relationship, such for Work Order to CIs, the only way you can see the "many" item (in this case, the CIs), is via an explorer view on the item.

So, create an explorer view for Work Orders, and in that view create a leaf for the CIs on that work order.

-Josh
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event