Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Concurrent users in SD 5.0 patch 2 are not able to login

Highlighted
sunilgupta
Respected Contributor.

Concurrent users in SD 5.0 patch 2 are not able to login

We are facing a serious problem in sd5.0 patch 2 for concurrent users, they are not able to login to SD server ...

Have any body faced this problem , and what is the workaround they found ???
7 REPLIES
Ruth Porter
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Concurrent users in SD 5.0 patch 2 are not able to login

Hi there,

As far as I am aware this is a known problem and it is fixed in 5.2 SP2.

You should contact your HP support and see if they can either send you a hot fix or let you have some temporary additional licenses until you can upgrade.

Hope this helps

Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
sunilgupta
Respected Contributor.

Thanks, But on similiar version we are not facing problem for diffrent HPSD installation.

We are in touch with HP, they have also suggested migration to 5.1 patch 2, but I am interested any body have got the hot fix for this .

So, that similiar I can ask from HP.
-=R=-
Outstanding Contributor.

Hey Sunilgupta,

Have you reached your maximum license capacity or are you getting a different error message? If you check your logged in users are you seeing large amounts of duplicates?

At the peak of our license woes, our usual load of 115 users had generated 650 concurrent license instances. When we got a hotfix it broke the object server agent which was (if you pardon my language) a fucking nightmare.

DO NOT APPLY HOTFIX!!!
Chris Terzian
Trusted Contributor.

I second that -- DO NOT APPLY THE HOTFIX -- we faced the same problem as you, applied the hotfix and ended up having to wipe the entire OS and reinstall the application on both of our servers. Sounds like overkill, but we couldn't get the installation back to normal after that.
sunilgupta
Respected Contributor.

Thanks Guys for your input

Answer to your reply, Not even a single concurrent user is able to login to system .

And I believe, I shall apply the patch update in place of any Hotfix ...

Ivor MacDonald
Frequent Contributor.

We also have the same issue with concurrent license. I restart the services every night to fix the license calculation problem and sometimes during business hours if needed. Named licenses are not affected. Ask HP to send you time bombed named licenses. This should give you time to test and apply Service Desk 5.1 Patch 2.
-=R=-
Outstanding Contributor.

I'm relieved to hear this is fixed in SP2... I'm just nervous as to what SP2 will break.