The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concurrent login time-out

Highlighted
Rajesh Nair
Esteemed Contributor

Concurrent login time-out

Hi,

I have a SD4.5 with SP14 setup. We are using concurrent user license to login to the servicedesk.
Is anyone in the forum aware as to how we can set a time-out for these concurrent logins ? E.g, if any login is idle for 5 minutes, then that login should be logged out automatically so that someone else can login.

Regards

Rajesh
6 REPLIES
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Re: Concurrent login time-out

Hi,

Open the server settings editor from the start-run command on the application server. Under the general tab there is a session timeout value in minutes.

Set this to the value you want.
Rajesh Nair
Esteemed Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Will this session time-out setting affect both named & concurrent users ?

Is there any thumb rule on the number of concurrent user to be purchased against number of login IDs created ?

Regards

Rajesh
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi,

it should afect all connections. However when the user makes a conenction after being timed out it will be seamless for them providing that there is an available license in the case of concurrent licenses
Rajesh Nair
Esteemed Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Will this session time-out setting affect Servicepage users too?

Is there any thumb rule on the number of concurrent user to be purchased against number of login IDs created ?

Regards

Rajesh
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I dont think that there is a seperate time out setting for Service Pages.

HP may have recommended values for number of licences per user base.

I generaly try to find a balance between the max number of people you will need to have logged on each day (on average) versus the total number of users who will be assigned a licence (excluding Service Pages users). Out of all the licenses required it is important to identify who needs to be logged in for long periods each day which will be named licensed and who will be logging in for shorter periods of time i.e concurrent licenses.

Is it better to buy less than you may need initially and get more licenses going forward is somethig you can decide.
Rajesh Nair
Esteemed Contributor

I have found the solution.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event