The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concurrent license issue with OVSD 5.0

Highlighted
Kieran Maloney
Regular Collector

Concurrent license issue with OVSD 5.0

I have 3 concurrent Licenses. but SD only allows 1 concurrent account in at any anyone time. If you stop/start OV services it's seems to work for awhile but then the issue seems to come back again.

Any ideas

Thanks Kieran

7 REPLIES
Jonathon Druce
Honored Contributor

Re: Concurrent license issue with OVSD 5.0

Anything in the server log file? Have you tried removing the licence keys and then re-adding them?
Kieran Maloney
Regular Collector

The issue is triggered when an email is sent to the servicedesk and an automated support call is logged. It logs the support call but after that intial one it does not log any more and returns an error access the module and then anyone with a concurrent license can not gina access until you stop and start the OV services. What log file should I bve looking at in 5.0 as there are quite a few

Thanks Kieran
dschul
Regular Collector

Has anyone found a solution yet?

We seem to have a similar issue. We have 90 concurrent licenses. There are around 40 users active in the system. But no other concurrent users can login again. The log file tells me that I have reached the max.

May 17, 2006 10:08:12 AM;21399;18;com.hp.ov.obs.security;SEVERE;User could not login to module 'Sd' because of error 'OpenView Servicedesk: the maximum number of concurrent user licenses has reached!
Number of licenses used: 90
Max number of licenses allowed: 90'.
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi,

are there any duplicate logged on sessions showing in the admin consloe?
dschul
Regular Collector

Not that I can see.
Kieran Maloney
Regular Collector

If you stop and start te ov services does it release the concutrrent licenses until they are used up again. The issue we experience is with automatic email call logging only. Users can login and out fine.
dschul
Regular Collector

As you said OVC -restart solves the problem. I have setup now a scheduled task to do this every second day to avoid in the future.

You are right it also applied to people trying to log calls via e-mail, but in our case also people with application accounts were not able to logon,

Thanks for the help!
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event