Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Compatabile issues with external tomcat

Highlighted
nagu
Respected Contributor.

Compatabile issues with external tomcat

HI,

I have installed a separate tomcat4.1 on the same server where my HPSD 5.0 is running.when i am running external jsp pages using normal tomcat the HPSD ServicePages or Webconsole is not working.
Is there compatabile issues for two tomcats?..

Thanx,
Nagu
4 REPLIES
Elias Abboud
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Compatabile issues with external tomcat

Hi nagu,

why do you need an external tomcat why not adding your JSP pages to the tomcat that comes with SD??

As for the compatibility issues, is your tomcats having the same port???

cheers
If you can't solve it, post it :)
nagu
Respected Contributor.

Hi,

Thanx for your reply.

1.can you suggest me where exact the external class file to be placed in HPSD tomcat.I have written external jsp to call this class file.when i am running this it is giving error.Because of this i want to install separate tomcat on the same server to make this script to run.
2.HPSD tomcat configured to port 80 and the external tomcat configured to 8080.Eventhough it is configured to different ports only one tomcat at a time works.In the sense if i want to use HPSD servicepages i have to stop the external tomcat service.

Request to help on this.
Thanx,
nagu
Elias Abboud
Acclaimed Contributor.

which os r u on?

to use sd tomcat in any case place ur jsp pages right next to the Login.jsp for example

cheers
If you can't solve it, post it :)
nagu
Respected Contributor.

1.I am using Windows 2003 Standard edition.
2.I kept the .jsp files in ServicePages folder which is running but i am calling the class file in that jsp page which throws an error.
Let me know where exact i should keep the class files in ServicePages folder.

Thanx,
nagu