SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Dumitru Neferu
Valued Contributor.

Company field - implementation

Hi,

I have HPOVSD 4.5 with SP19.
I have two fields, one is standard ( Organization) and a custom field called Company.
My "organization" data is structured in a tree with root.
I want to implement a rule or some rules that should copy the "root organization" of the organization entered in the field organization (wich is created on Organization), into the company field (wich is Person - Entity Reference type).
Does any has an idea how to make this implementation.

Thank you,

Gabriel.
6 REPLIES
Akies
Outstanding Contributor.
Solution

Re: Company field - implementation

Hey Gabriel,

If your "company" field is a text field than u can easily define a rule of data update type with action as "company equals organization --> parent"

Regards,
akhil
Dumitru Neferu
Valued Contributor.

Hi Akhil,

No, the company field that i use is created on Person and is an Entity Reference of Organization.

Thanks,

Gabriel.
Akies
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi GAbriel,

This is what I could understand from your staement..You have a field of organization type in persons..Now you want that whenever the organization of requestor of a call is selected then other field (company) should get the value of parent or root organization of the organization selected.

See I have tested this also in incident management and it works..Kindly explain with some screenshots(if possible) for more clarity of ur problem.

Regards,
Akhil
Dumitru Neferu
Valued Contributor.

My DB rule looks like this : Company equals [Organization Parent Parent], but my organization tree is "deeper" than that. So this doesn't work for me, i think.

Thanks
Gabriel.
msk_1
Valued Contributor.

Hi, Gabriel!

Our solution was to use web-api util, which fills custom field "root org." for each organization (every day Scheduled Task). Code is rather simple.
Dumitru Neferu
Valued Contributor.

Hello msk,

Can you please provide us with the code?

Thank you.
Dumitru.