Command Exec Action on Client side

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
amt_1
Valued Contributor.

Command Exec Action on Client side

Hi All!

I'm trying to create Service Call DB Rule, when SC is created or modified, and assign a Command Exec Action. I want an exec file to be launched on Client Desktop, each time he creates or modifies Service Call. But I can't assign appropriate HOST in Command exec action.

Even when I apply this HOST:
[Entered by person;Account;Host]
the exec file launches on Server Host, not on service call creator hhost.

Does anybody know what to do with it ?

Thx in advance,
Alexey
10 REPLIES
Chris Bailey_3
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Command Exec Action on Client side

Hello,

Try creating a Smart Action that launches the file. Then setup a DB rule that launches the Smart Action for your condition.

Thanks,
Chris
Akies
Outstanding Contributor.
Solution

Hi Alexey,

Check the host name of that creator in his application account.The host name in the comd exec action gets fetched from the hostname of the person's application account.

Hope this works for you.

Regards,
Akhil
amt_1
Valued Contributor.

Chris thank you, but HP Service Desk doesn't support to link DB Rule with Smart Action.
amt_1
Valued Contributor.

Akhil thank you, it works !!

But if i want the application to be launched on the computer of every user who opens Service Call, not necesarry the creator ?
Roman Frolin
Respected Contributor.

Why you not use UI rule ?
Akies
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Alexey,

Dats right...you can use UI rules for this.In UI rules, we need not to give the host name of every user.For this just try to create a UI rule of same type as that of DB rule you have created.It will work fine then...

Onething to remind you about points...:-)

Regards,
Akhil
amt_1
Valued Contributor.

I can't use UI Rule, because i have to pass a parameter (Service Call ID) to my EXEC application.

So, when user creates new Service Call, fills data in this SC and press SAVE button, my UI Rule (before the item is saved) works and passes no ID, because it assignes ID only after saving.
Roman Frolin
Respected Contributor.

what about clearing "ID after creation" checkbox in System panel/General setting
Chris Bailey_3
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi,

This may seem like a silly question at this point in the discussion, but what exactly are you trying to do with the call ID?

Thanks,
Chris
amt_1
Valued Contributor.

Thanks All !

the problem's resolved !