The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collapse lists: SD 4.5 SP21

Highlighted
aaron afilalo
Regular Collector

Collapse lists: SD 4.5 SP21

Good people,

In many instances lists of categories, classifications or CIs appear on screen in a tree format, completely expanded. I then have to scroll through the entire listing to find the main topic I am looking for.

Is there a way to have tree lists come up collapsed by default??

CI listings are especially long. I have tried to "block" the CIs I do not need but this does not prevent them from being listed.

thanks
aaron
7 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Re: Collapse lists: SD 4.5 SP21

Hello aaron,

Modify the tree view, press "Other" and uncheck "All expanded"
menes fhtagn
aaron afilalo
Regular Collector

George,

Your solution works on the view from my own client. But I want to modify the view for all users. So I went into Admin. Console-Presentation-Views-CI and selected one of the views listed there. In selecting Other as you mention I get a different screen than when I change the view on my client. In order to change the collapse option I have to create a new view, which then would make my users have to select this new view. I was hoping to make it more transparent for my users.

aaron
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Hello Aaron,

To get "All expanded" setting, the view must be tree view. Other views doesn't have it.
menes fhtagn
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor

Hi Aaron,

I have done this by creating a collapsed tree view for the field in system admin (Presenation>Views).

Unfortunately I have found no way of making it the default view for everybody and so each user has to go to the field on a form, press the button on the right and then choose this new view. Once they have done this the system seems to remember the view and use it in the future.

Hope this helps

Ruth

(PS don't forget to give points when people take the time to respond)
http://www.teamultra.net
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi Aaron,

Ruths answer is the best option. The users need to select the view once and it should be remembered.

aaron afilalo
Regular Collector

thanks to all
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Dont forget - points always appreciated by all for answers that help!!
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event