Did you mean: 

Closing multiple Service Calls and/or Incidents related to Problem

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Tore Skaara
Acclaimed Contributor

Closing multiple Service Calls and/or Incidents related to Problem

We're running a Service Desk, using HP OpenView Service Desk as our service system. Whenever we have requests from users/customers related to an unknown underlying error/problem/fault, we make a Problem in HP OpenView Service Desk and relate all Service Calls/Incidents to it.

Is there an easy way to close multiple Service Calls/Incidents related to a Problem? If you open a Problem, go to the Relations/Work Orders tab (se attachment "problem.jpg"), it's not possible to close multiple items. You can mark multiple items, but you cannot close them. We would benefit greatly from having this opportunity.

I am familiar with the "Update All" function in Service Desk, but I have not been able to close multiple items related to Problems. I've also been trying to find a search-attibute for "Relation", so that I can find Service Calls/Incidents related to Problems aswell, but still no luck.

Appreciate it if you have tips, ideas or any knowledge at this.
5 REPLIES
Robert S. Falko
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Closing multiple Service Calls and/or Incidents related to Problem

Tore,

We use a DB rule to update the statuses, closure codes, etc. of related service events when a given event (like a problem) is closed. This is an all or nothing rule - you cannot select or filter just certain of the related events.

-Josh
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Db rule as suggested. Be sure to order the updates correctly. Basically set values first before they become mandatory.

i.e. if fields become mandatory when a user selects the status of closed then set the status last in the rule. Saves errors and issues wih the rule not working correctly.
Tore Skaara
Acclaimed Contributor

I've done some testing and managed to close related Incidents upon closing a Problem. This was done by making a Problem DB rule:

Apply this rule:

- When problem is modified

Which conditions do you want to check?

- Status (*) equals Closed

Which actions do you want to be performed?

- Update fields and related items as follows:

Incident;Solution set to Problem is resolved.
Incident;Status set to Closed
Tore Skaara
Acclaimed Contributor

Do you know if it's possible to search for Service Calls/Incidents related to a Problem or as an alternative, make a view that is sorted by Problems (group by) and show related Service Calls/Incidents?
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi,

you can set up an explorer type view to show problems and in a leave show the "relations" and workorders
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event