Closed Service call only viewable

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Mahmood Khan_1
Super Contributor.

Closed Service call only viewable

Hi -
I am trying to set some rules to restrict the user from modifying a closed service call.
I had rule that would check the status of the service call but then the user notification msg doesn't even allow the user to view other SC information. Any help is greately appreciated
MZK
5 REPLIES
Chris Bailey_3
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Closed Service call only viewable

Hello,

One option might be to restrict the abilities of a user to modify a service call through their role. Go to "Tools"->"System" to bring up the Admin Console. Then select "Security"->"Access"->"Roles". From the list of roles, choose the role of the person or group you're interested in. Then select "Service calls" and click the "Details" button at the bottom. The third tab there for "status access" should allow you to specify a status range for these people to be allotted.

Thanks,
Chris
Mahmood Khan_1
Super Contributor.

Chirs -
This option limits me from closing the Service call - I need to allow them to view the information but they should not be able to modify the service call once it is closed
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Mahmood,

There are two options.

a) You can use folder entitlement and once the item is closed use db rule to set a special folder to whom all roles have view only acess.

b) create a status Archived (with ordering greater than closed) and use a DB rule to set status to Archived when an item is closed. All roles must have access from Register to Closed and view only access for Archived
menes fhtagn
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

...and just thought it, there is a third alternative using two UI rules.

The first is to be fired when an item is opened and status is Closed. There you can set true a custom boolean. The second is to be fired before the item is saved. It should check if the custom boolean is true and have an Error (not Information or Warning) display that the item must cannot be modified once is closed.

The only drawback of the above is that the "closed" items can be altered by the roles who have "Update All" rights (because Update All doesn't fire UI rules)
menes fhtagn
Mahmood Khan_1
Super Contributor.

George -
Third options works the best. I created a field to check and make it viewable.
I didn't give access to anyone to do 'UPDATE ALL'

Thanks a bunch !

MZK