Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Close Call from NNM Event

Highlighted
Anees_1
Trusted Contributor.

Close Call from NNM Event

Hello Everyone,

I have a very interesting requirement if anyone has tackled this issue before.

I have Servicedesk 4.5 and NNM installed and integrated.

Whenever (OV_Node_Down & OV_Interface Down) Events trigger in NNM, it opens a new incident in Servicedesk.

Now We have configured another Event (OV_Node_UP) when the same device that was down is connected and up, we want this event to update (Status set to close) the incident opened earlier with Node Down Event for the same device.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ali
4 REPLIES
Saurabh Dubey
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Close Call from NNM Event

Hi Ali,
Using sd_event.exe file to send updates is also possible. I don't remember the exact syntax in that case, but you can put an on-event-action saying that when the OV_NODE_UP alert comes, update a particulat ticket. You can find that actual update syntax in the administrator's guide. You may have to keep track of one of the fields, to keep a relation between tickets and alerts.

Hope this helps out...

Regards,

Saurabh Dubey
Modesty is good!! But remember, all your life other people will try and take your achievements away from you, don't make it easy for them.
Anees_1
Trusted Contributor.

Hello Saurabh,

Thanks for the response. Yes I thought of the same thing but actual problem is how can I keep track of the field. In our case, we want update incidents based on CI's. I know that when NNM generates Event, Lets say Node_Up, the event has the name of the CI, but how can I pass this name to sd_event.exe ? so that it can update the proper incident ?

Thanks & regards,

Ali Ashgar

Saurabh Dubey
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Ali,

I think there is a -update possibility in sd_event.exe, use the same based on -ci=, that should help you out.

Regards,

Saurabh Dubey

PS: The details on how to use the command line as per your requirements can be looked up in Admin Guide.
Modesty is good!! But remember, all your life other people will try and take your achievements away from you, don't make it easy for them.
SeanJ
Outstanding Contributor.

When the router/link is down, in the down event configurtion (NNM), you should use the below ini file

[SD_EVENT]
LOGFILE=sd_event.log
ERROR_LOGFILE=sd_event_error.log
ACCOUNT=system/password
SERVER=1.2.3.4
PORT=30980
MAPPING=external_event
CLASSNAME=incident
MODUS=insert
LANGUAGE=GB

You can see MODUS=insert.

ie: it will insert a new incident.

For the up events, you sould use another ini file

[SD_EVENT]
LOGFILE=sd_event.log
ERROR_LOGFILE=sd_event_error.log
ACCOUNT=system/password
SERVER=1.2.3.4
PORT=30980
MAPPING=external_event
CLASSNAME=incident
MODUS=update
LANGUAGE=GB

with MODUS=update, whcih will update the same ticket.

So, when you call the sd_event.exe, you shoud mention two different ini file.

Ajit