Clarifications on using sd_dataform.bat

Highlighted
Deepika G
Respected Contributor.

Clarifications on using sd_dataform.bat

Hi,

I am using HPSD 4.5 SP19
I have a few questions regarding the usage of sd_dataform.bat:

1. If I run sd_dataform.bat "Service Call" ID=200 from the command line without having Service desk open, will it still open the record?

2. Can I use the link:
SD path\bin\sd_dataform.bat "Service Call" ID=200
from another applicatio like word or from a mail?

My requirement is that when i send a mail to any person, I want to include a link to a specific service call or change so that the user can just click o the link and be taken to that record.

Please let me know if this is possible or not.

Thanks
7 REPLIES
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Clarifications on using sd_dataform.bat

Hi,

will all users that receive the mail have the OVSD client on their system? Generally end users would not have it installed. If not then sd_dataform will not work.

Have you looked at service pages so uers can view their own support requests?
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hello,

The answer to first question is "Yes". As for the second question the answer is yes provide that you can find a way to actually execute the above command.
menes fhtagn
FXCISD
Super Contributor.

D

check this out... guys here have done thesis on sd_dataform.bat

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=808712

But if you want end users (??? Service Pages users) to access the service call directly then a better way is to customize the Service Pages.

--Franz
Deepika G
Respected Contributor.

Hi,

All the users that I will be sending this particular mail to will have Service desk Client installed on their machines.

IS there anything specific I need to do for the record to open on a machine with SD installed even if I don't have the client console open?

Can someone please mention how I can go about using sd_dataform as a link in the mail that I will send to my users.

Thanks
Venkatesha_1
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Deepika,

What you can do is that in a mail you can provide line like this.

"%SD_CLIENTHOME%bin\sd_dataform" "Service Call" "ID=[ID]"

The sample output that will go in the mail

"%SD_CLIENTHOME%bin\sd_dataform" "Service Call" "ID=325083"

Instruct the user to copy and paste the above line in the windows run prompt.

It will open the above mentioned Service Call.

Regards
Venkatesha !
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

bear in mind that if the users calls sd_dataform from a command line and the OVSD client is NOT open at the time the user will be asked to log in.

Is it easier that they just log in and use an advanced find if they need to see a call (though I can see the need for the automation from a user point of view - less clicks).

Robert S. Falko
Acclaimed Contributor.

Deepika,

We do exactly what you want with virtually all email sent out.

The only problem is the complexity associated with the email client that you use. If you are using a web-based closed, it should be a snap. If you are using Lotus Notes, then you must process the message in the Domino server to create a hotspot before the email is forwarded to the recipient. In Outlook, I think - but do not know for sure - that it works without too much trouble.

-Josh