Highlighted
Alexey Dukov
Outstanding Contributor.

Checkbox "Only execute once" in DB Rules

Hi All!
I have a problem with some DB rule.
Text of DB rule:
"When service call is modified
where Status (*) equals Registered, Schedule the validation of this condition at 30 minutes Before Deadline, Only execute once
Send e-mail message, Send to: user@domain.com, Subject: Text,
Best Regards,
Service Desk 4.5 SP 18
Attachment Classification: "

When status like Registred, i see scheduled one task, which work correctly.
But when i change status, and then back to Registred (in scheduled task empty), i receive email too. Check box "Only execute once " not work((

Any ideas ?

System: HP OV SD 4.5 Sp18, Database SQL 2000

Best Regards,
Alexey.
6 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Checkbox "Only execute once" in DB Rules

Hello Alexey,

In your rule you have checked "Evaluate this rule when the value has changed" for the Status field. "Only execute once" will work only if this is unchecked.
menes fhtagn
Alexey Dukov
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi George!
Thanks for reply.

I uncheck this checkbox, but so far recieve email, when back to status like Register.

I cant understand, why SD think that i need second mail. In logserver i see only that rule is worked, and mail is sent to me twice!

Any ideas?

Best regards,
Alexey.
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hello Alexey,

It's normal. Since you have unchecked "Evaluate this rule when this field has changed", the rule will send mail when status becomes register however since "Only execute once" is checked, only one scheduled task will be created.
menes fhtagn
Himanshu Chawla
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Alexey,

You can try and use "When Service Call is Created" (instead of Modified) and "Status equals Resgistered". This should create only one scheduled task.

Himanshu.
Meine de Vries
Super Contributor.

"Only execute once" really means that there is only one scheduled task created at the time. In other words if you did not set the "Only execute once" flag and changed the status to "Registered" 5 times than 5 tasks are scheduled, each one sending an email. The "Only execute once" flag changes that behavior and allows only one task the be scheduled.

It appears you want to do is only sending an email when this situation occurs for the first time which you could do with something like this:

When service call in created or modified
when Status(*) equal Registered, Schedule the validation of this condition at 30 minutes Before Deadline, Only execute once
and "Send Email Flag" equal No
Send email message, Send to: etc. etc.

Update Data: Set "Send Email Flag" to Yes

Of course you would need to define a custom Boolean (Send Email Flag).
Alexey Dukov
Outstanding Contributor.

Big thanks for all.