Check the updade date of certain rules.

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Claudia Tapia D
Respected Contributor.

Check the updade date of certain rules.

Hello,

I would like to know how can I Check de last update of the database rules of HP OV 4.5.

Thank you very much
4 REPLIES
stoney_2
Respected Contributor.
Solution

Re: Check the updade date of certain rules.

hello,

several ways.

1) by looking at the change record.RFC (by asking i can only conclude there was no RFC)

so

2) if you have audit turned on, you can run a report on the audit log. (I use westbury for that, but you could do it with SQL.

3) I export rules to a html file in case some cowboy stuffs them up

to do that in system \business logic \ database rules \ ci or change etc then FILE \ export \ to the web. it will then generate a HTML file for you which you can actually read. i save these. then if someone does stuff up i can fix, then chop them

cheers

stoney
its a long way to the top if ya wanna
Ruth Porter
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi there,

You need to turn on enhanced auditing and to do this, you need to give the account the auditor role.

Then go to Tools>System>Security>Audit>enahnced auditing >Configuration to specify what you wnat to be audited. Then right click to start, pause or resume audits.

This will start collecting information and so from then on you can see who altered a rule.

Hope this helps, Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
Hadi Kazemi
Respected Contributor.

Do you know if the option is the same for 5.1
-=R=-
Outstanding Contributor.

Hadi,

Yes and no. "Yes" because the enhanced auditing option is there and it probably captures the info you want. "No" because auditing will magnify OVSD 5.1's already pathetic performance into something truly preposterous. It was one of the MANY features we were asked to shut off to reduce the application's response time below 10 - 15 seconds per click.