Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Check lists and change

Highlighted
Yvonne Duxfield
Respected Contributor.

Check lists and change

I have created the check list I want to use in the change module, but cant get them to show on the actions list. any ideas?
3 REPLIES
Saurabh Dubey
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Check lists and change

Hi Yvonne,

The Checklist Wizard is required primarily for the support of the helpdesk employee who has to get the correct information from the End USer calling in with a concern. In case this user wants to log an RFC, you can assign the checklist in the Service Call module itself. For the change module, usually only those changes are added directly to it, which are pre-planned changes or emergency changes. In both these cases, the information required (ideally) should not need a checklist, hence the provision for a checklist is not there in Change module.

If there is an external command that can be used to launch the Checklist wizard (which I so far don't know of, any other insight will be great), you can use that with a Smart Action.

Hope this helps....

Regards,

Saurabh
Modesty is good!! But remember, all your life other people will try and take your achievements away from you, don't make it easy for them.
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Yvonne,

you can launch a checlist from Change and other modules by removng the System Actin rule as described below which makes it useable in a UI rule.

Create a UI rule - set criteria - System Action - Remove the filter from the view for the available system actions and you wil be able to select "Checklist Wizard"
Marc Hummel
Outstanding Contributor.

Nice workaround Mark!
Wounds heel, Pain fades... chix dig scar's, oh and everybody WangChung.