Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Changing history data with rules

Highlighted
Victor Helsinki
Trusted Contributor.

Changing history data with rules

Hi all,

My issue is a bit complex... (May be for me?)

We use time intervals for Service Call Priority;

such as 'Today-Morning', 'Today-Afternoon', 'Today - Till the End of the Day',...,...

Everything would be fine if only I can find a way to set the 'Created' time to 09:00 AM, When a Service Call Form is created.

I am targeting to take 'Created' time value to a custom field, and wishing to set 'created' value to 09:00 AM. If only this is possible by any means rather then Java programming.
4 REPLIES
Vasily Kamenev
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Changing history data with rules

Hi
That possible by web-api and by SQL, but why? I'm not understood, why not use other field for that? and i'm never not recomend chane a creation date.

Vassili
Gyula Matics_1
Acclaimed Contributor.

If you want to change the creation (registration) time, then only direct sql works. Even the java api won't allow you to change that.
Victor Helsinki
Trusted Contributor.

I found my self restricted to use the 'created' parameter which indicates the creation time of a service call, this is because deadline should be automatically set, and refers to creation time, It should be a nice workaround if a way to set 'deadline' referring another value, probabily my custom field.
Vasily Kamenev
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Victor.
Deadline already calculate automatically if you are using SLA, if not , then only need use Rule, for you task need 3 rule and one with External or Command exec where will define current time.

Vassili