Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Change view for Service Lookup in Service Call

Highlighted
Steve Liddle
Trusted Contributor.

Change view for Service Lookup in Service Call

Hi,

I would like to change the view used for the 'All Services' and 'Services Used By Caller' options for Service when creating a service call.

I have gone into Admin Console -> Presentation -> Search -> Service and changed the 'View for find results'. This doesn't seem to have affected anything. Should this change the view used for Service lookup on Service Call?

I have tried purging cache, restarting the app server service, restarting the app server machine and recreating the HPSD service. Still no change.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Steve
3 REPLIES
Steve Liddle
Trusted Contributor.

Re: Change view for Service Lookup in Service Call

Does anyone have any ideas on this one?

Any assistance would be much appreciated.
Steve Liddle
Trusted Contributor.

I asked HP support this question and the answer they gave was that it's not possible. The suggested way to control which view is used was to delete the rest of the views so that there is only 1. Then that will be the one that the app chooses.
The Pike
Acclaimed Contributor.

Steve, I hope they told you that the 'View for find results' applies to Advanced Find and that Quick Find stores in cache the View you used last.

If you instruct your users to select a certain View in the Quick Find box, that is the View they will continue to see when Quick Find is called.