SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Juan J Padilla
Super Collector

Change system action

Hi all,

I'm using OVSD 4.5 SP12.

Basically: We have system actions to create different items from other items, kind of "Create Problem from Service Call" and so on.

To create a Problem from a Service Call, we do the following;

From the open Service Call, select Actions menu option. On this list, there is an option Create Problem - copy values from current item. Once you select this, a new default problem is created with the Entered By Person, Registered and Description fields already populated. We then generally proceed to select one of the Problem Templates and copy across the relevant fields manually.

The idea is to add more fields to be populated automatically when selecting the action, but I cannot find the system action that does that.

Any ideas?
Thanks.
4 REPLIES
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor

Re: Change system action

Hi Juan,

Look at Copy fields (System admin Data>Copy Fields). You specifiy there which fields you want to be copied when such actions are done. You can ONLY copy the fields which are common to Service Call and Problem (which are those available in Service Today)

If you want to copy other fields, could you post details of the ones you wish to create.

Regards, Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
Juan J Padilla
Super Collector

Hi Ruth, thanks for the feedback, looks like what I need.

When you mention: "Look at Copy fields (System admin Data>Copy Fields)", if I want to copy fields from SC to Problem, should I look at the Service Call option and then select the ones that I want transferred? (keeping in mind that they must be duplicated!)

I think that would solve my problem.

J
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi Juan,

Yes you look at SC for Create problem from a SC

Regards, Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
Juan J Padilla
Super Collector

Got it, that's perfect, I'm adding now the fields that the customer wants. Thanks Ruth for your help!

Look at Copy fields (System admin Data>Copy Fields). You specifiy there which fields you want to be copied when such actions are done. You can ONLY copy the fields which are common to Service Call and Problem (which are those available in Service Today)
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event