Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change requests, Approval tab and new users..

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
John F. Davis
Acclaimed Contributor

Change requests, Approval tab and new users..

Hi all,

Using SD-4.5 SP-12

I'm having an issue with new users trying populate the 'Approval Tab' with information on Change Requests whether they are initiating or approving them - It is all 'greyed out'.

I copied an existing user with their role and permissions to the new account. When I have them log a Change Request they cannot access the any fields on the Approval tab to select the votes and the group.

The new user can access these Approval fields if make them a member of Sysadmin role.

We don't add new users often and this problem seemed to just crop up in the last couple of weeks and only effects new accounts.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
7 REPLIES
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Re: Change requests, Approval tab and new users..

Is the initiator of the change requests the same as the entered by person or different?
John F. Davis
Acclaimed Contributor

Thanks for the quick reply...

I just tried it on my test user account where he is the Originator and the Change Owner of the Change Request and it doesn't work.

I also have a case where is not working for another new user who part of the Change aprrover group and he can't access those fields yet the oter members of the group can... The only difference is that he is a new account.

I basically to create the new user, I highlighted another member who has the same role and did a Ctrl C and Ctrl V and it displayed a copy of the users account. I went in and modified the Name and password and details. I also did it manually and got the same result.
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi John,

I suspect that you are not relating a person record to the new account. If not the user can still log into openview but the entered by person field is empty and will affect the aproval section becoming active.

In the change request is the entered by field blank?
John F. Davis
Acclaimed Contributor

Yes, On the 'copied' account that field is blank. How do I correct this?
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor
Solution

You need to create a new person record. From the main openview GUI go File - New - Person and fill in the required details for the user. There will be an acount field. Select that and then find and select the account for that same person.
Save and close the person record and the login account is now associated with the person record. You should do this for the other accounts also.
John F. Davis
Acclaimed Contributor

Super... That works perfectly.

Thanks
John F. Davis
Acclaimed Contributor

Question Answered...
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event