Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Change management in SD 4.5 when integrated with Asset Center 5.0

Highlighted
aks3183
Super Contributor.

Change management in SD 4.5 when integrated with Asset Center 5.0

Hi all,

I am integrating Asset Center 5.0 with SD 4.5 for uploading of CI data into CMDB. As far as configuration management is concerned its done by Asset Center data being ftp'd to SD and then it gets uploaded by sd_import utility.

But can anyone help me out with change management scenario. That is suppose a change management ticket is generated and approved how does it talk back to Asset Center. Is communication between Asset Ceneter and SD only one way(AC to SD) or is there a possibility of SD talking back to Asset Center? Any info regarding this will be great!!
2 REPLIES
Ramaprasad N
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Change management in SD 4.5 when integrated with Asset Center 5.0

TO the bext of my knowledge, there is no such workflow integration between OVSD and AC. The scope of each of these products are different. In your case, the change management is in the scope of OVSD only. Any change, should be done only on the CI in OVSD and not on the Asset in AC. In a typical scenario, you may change a CI, then ED discovers the change and the ED-AC integration recoinciliation updates the change in AC. This is a validation of the performed change as well.

-Ram
ed k.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Change management in SD 4.5 when integrated with Asset Center 5.0

Akash, please check attached file for ServiceDesk 4x - AssetCenter 4x-5x Integration. Hope it will help. Best Regards, Ed K. [same as posted on AC, C-It, G-R forum].
"If you see a house, you're convinced that there is a builder. If you see a garment, you're convinced that there is a tailor. If you see a universe, you are convinced that Someone created it." (R. Akiva)