Change domains

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Dwyane Everts_1
Acclaimed Contributor.

Change domains

All,

We recently migrated to Active Directory, and I now have a requirement to change the domain name of my SD server. Is there a procedure for this? Any known issues? I searched the forums, but didn't see anything about the domain name, only the IP (which will be the same).

Thanks!
Dwyane
6 REPLIES
Mahmood Khan_1
Super Contributor.
Solution

Re: Change domains

Dwyane -
As long as you update your server setting file it should be fine.
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hello Dwyane,

If you are using the "inbound mail" functionality, make sure that for the new domain the MX records are pointing the right IPs. Also if you execute commands to the service desk server within db rules and use the server's canonical name instead of server's ip, you should modify them to point to the new canonical name.

In any case make sure that. Besides that I couldn't think of another possible problem.
menes fhtagn
Jonathon Druce
Acclaimed Contributor.

Dwayne,

It may also be worthwhile stopping the app server service and then deleting all lines from the rep_servers table to remove any possible ambiguous app server references.
Oscar Diaz_1
Respected Contributor.

Hello. You can delete the file server_settings.xml and to execute open the server settings editor to create a new connection with the new name of the App Server.
Oguz Kutlu Asi
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi,

Hostname of the app. server will change after you join it to a new domain, that would cause client connections to fail, if hostname, not ip address has written in user_settings.xml file.

There would be a need to change in webconsole settings xml file, if you are using web console and defined hostname instead of ip while installing it.
What's right is right, whether or not God exists
Dwyane Everts_1
Acclaimed Contributor.

Thanks...sorry for the delay in assigning points. I had to schedule the change, and other projects took precedence.

Dwyane