Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Change configuration Item details in Service Desk

Highlighted
kh_3
Trusted Contributor.

Change configuration Item details in Service Desk

Hi,
I'm trying to change configuration item details through the API in Service Desk. I want to basically edit the configuration item details(using c#).. Any Helpfull hints or examples on how to do this? I'm very new to service desk..
thanks
7 REPLIES
Vasily Kamenev
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Change configuration Item details in Service Desk

HI
The best way use java + web-api library from hp. any way you need create own sql requests, connectors to db or own application server.

Vasily
kh_3
Trusted Contributor.

thanks. I'm trying to use a c# application and retrieve some info from the service desk database using the API. Can you give me some pointers on how to do this?.

I included
com.hp.itsm.api
com.hp.itsm.api.interfaces..

How can I connect to the database?
Some step by step points will be appreciated.

Thanks
Vasily Kamenev
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi.
If you open Example1 - 9.java ,you can look how that possible do it. Examples on CD and in each SP exist 2 examples in api/examples/

Vasily
kh_3
Trusted Contributor.

Hi,
1.)To use the API in a c# application,can I include the API in the references of the project? If not how can I include the api in the project?
AND,
2.)If I don't have SD client installation in my mechine, how can I use the API? Do I need to register it?
Thanks.
Vasily Kamenev
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi
About C# I don't know.
web-api possible use without installetion the client s/w.
that use standard sun java, if you know how integrate in C# source java classes - you winner, but I'm really don' know, I use Sun Java machine.

Vasily
kh_3
Trusted Contributor.

Hi I converted the jar api to a dll using the kvimc. and included this as a reference in the c# project. this allowed me to use the api functions.
But I'm trying to use the

session = ApiSDSession.openSession("SERVER", "USERNAME", "PASSWORD");
AND I get the following error..

An unhandled exception of type 'java.lang.RuntimeException' occurred in WindowsApplication2.exe

Additional information: java.net.UnknownHostException: The requested name is valid
and was found in the database, but it does not have the correct associated data
being resolved for

sometimes it says that the host cannot be found even though the server name and user deails are correct...

any ideas..??

and, the user name is the username for the service desk or the user name for the server log in?

thanks.
kh_3
Trusted Contributor.

Hi Vasily and anyone else interested,

I just ran the HP ex1 directly as a java file and connected to our server and found that it's giving the same error..So I'm thinking this is something to do with the network setup. I can ping to the server. So I'm not sure what the issue is. I think KVIM looks good far. So anyone wanting to use the API in a c# application, I think this is the way to go...
Will let everyone know about the connection issue when it's sorted... Any help??

Thanks..