Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Change View - Interest profile

Highlighted
Mahmood Khan_1
Super Contributor.

Change View - Interest profile

Hi -
I would like to create a view "Interest profile". This view should list all the changes specific to the Configuration Items I am interested in. from the Filter option I can do one CI but if I select Configuration Item;Name1 contains (or) ABC and contains or XYZ - it doesn't list anything. It works for one but not for multiple CI's. Is there a way I can create the view listing changes for Multiple CI's (only the ones I am interested in)
Thanks for your help in advance.
3 REPLIES
Robert S. Falko
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Change View - Interest profile

Mahmood,

I would do this using an Explorer view. You can navigate by whatever you want (for example, CI category); show the CIs in a filtered view, and then show the changes for the CI in a leaf.

-Josh
Mahmood Khan_1
Super Contributor.

Josh -
Thanks for the response - but could you please provide steps to do that - it seems that I can't get the explorer view working. Your help is appreciated as always
Robert S. Falko
Acclaimed Contributor.

Mahmood,

Try this:

1. Tools -> System
2. Presentation -> Views -> Change
3. Click on New and give a unique name to the new view you will create
4. View type = Explorer
5. Click on Other
6. Navigation = the field on which you want to navigate; for example, Configuration Item Status
7. Show as Tree (if you need to filter your navigation view, then you need to show as View, and create that view (add)
8. Base view - either select a view, or click on Add to create the view. You will create or select a table view. This is the view that is filtered to show only the CIs you want.
9. Leaves - click on Add .
10. Field = Related Incidents, Problems or Changes; or Change, etc.
11.View - select or create a view of the Related Incidents, Problems or Changes
12. OK 3x

Experiment with the different options until you get what you want.

-Josh