Change SD 4.5 attachments destination due to disk full

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
ric_jose_pereir
Occasional Contributor

Change SD 4.5 attachments destination due to disk full

Hello,

I need to change the destination of the service desk 4.5 attachments to a new folder. The default installation folder is located in d:\program files\hewlett-packard\openview\service desk 4.5\SD_attach, but drive D: is almost full.

I added a new disk (drive g:) and would like to know how to change the location of the attachments.

Also i need to keep the old attachs that were uploaded to the D:\ location so that users can still see their old files.

Best regards
9 REPLIES
Err_1
Honored Contributor

Re: Change SD 4.5 attachments destination due to disk full

You can not have 2 different locations for the attachments, although you can copy (COPY, so you keo the bakcup in D) all your attachment directory to new G drive (keeping the exact same directory structure), and then change your FTP server settings to point to the directory in G, no longe to D drive. This all will be transparent to users, although make sure no users are in the system while you make the FTP change.

Hope that this new G drive is at least twice as big as D.

Points are welcome for the suggestions.

Regards;
Randall Barrantes
SW Support Delivery Manager
ric_jose_pereir
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

so you're saying i have to keep the exact same directorie structure and copy it to the G: drive?

But i was hopping to delete this from D: location to reclame the space.

Another question, in the attachment settings icon on the system panel in the client tools, i have SD_attach in the field Target Folder. If i put G:\ the full directory path and then perform a test connection it gives me FTP-error 550: The filename, direcotry name, or volume lanel sintax is incorrect.

Best regards
Err_1
Honored Contributor

Well.. after you move all to G, and it all works, then you can use D drive for something else...
Once you copied the entire directory structure in G, change the FTP server to point to G drive instead of D drive. This is NOT done in SD attachmet settings, this is done in your FTP server, probably IIS settings.

After you point your FTP server to G drive, then you should be able to test connection from SD attachment settings withoutnh having to change anything there. SD will use whatever root dfirectiory your define in you FTP server (again, I assume in your case IIS)

IIS is located under the Control Panel in Windows, if you have doubts check with yoru Windows Admin.

Regards;

Randall Barrantes
ric_jose_pereir
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

did as you suggested, changed the pointer under the machine IIS, and now the connection test on the system panel works. I asked the users to test if they can see every thing in their incidents/calls etc, and i will give feeback tomorrow.

Thanks in advance for your precious help

Best regards
ric_jose_pereir
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

Verified with the users and everything is available to them rigth now. So i will kepp the old location in D: for a week or so just in case, and then deleted it :)

Thank you so much for all your support on this issue.

Best regards
ric_jose_pereir
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

after making the change on the server ISS for the Default FTP site, users still report the following error when accessing service calls on OPENVIEW:

FTP-error: 550 SD_attach/Servicecall/000/000/000/000/000/000/010/002/b37/f00/8d/00000000-0000-0000-0001-0002b37f009a: The system cannot find the path specified.

I have this particular file under the new drive G: location. If i put the 00000000-0000-0000-0001-0002b37f009a file back to the old drive D: location, then they can see this attachement.

Any ideas on how to workarround this? Thanks

Best regards
Err_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

Make sure that users have access to new FTP drive G.

Remmember that when SD users add or open attachments from a Service Call, the client connects directly to the FTP server/directory.

So users and PC clients must have access to new FTP directory.

Regards;
Randall Barrantes
Jay Mistry
Frequent Visitor

Hi

As Err has stated above, the users must have access to the new ftp location with read and write privilages.

Are you using a windows server for the ftp site?
if so then you may want to check the directory security tab, there you will see
"by default, all computers will be" and you have 2 options, 1 is "Granted Access" and the second option is "Denied Access", please ensure you have granted access checked.

Jay
ric_jose_pereir
Occasional Contributor

Thanks you both for your help on this. The problem was that the FTP server was pointing to a different directory. Altough i've mantained the same structure when moving from D: to G:, somehow the SD was looking for the old files in G:\...\..\Service Desk 4.5\ and not under G:\..\..\Service Desk 4.5\servicall.

Thanks for all your help.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event