Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Change Request Approval

Highlighted
Sam K
Valued Contributor.

Change Request Approval

Hi,

"Strategy" and "Result" fields of approval of change request, are related in such a way that if required number person in 'Strategy' field approves the request then result is updated as 'Approved'.

No DB,UI rules,actions and templates relating to these two fields. Where can we find relations of 'Strategy' and 'Result' field?

Thanks,
Sam
7 REPLIES
Ruth Porter
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Change Request Approval

Hi Sam,

I am not really sure what you are asking but as far as I am aware, the relationship is somewhere in the HPSD code.

May I ask why you want to know?

Regards

Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
FenchurchLow
Outstanding Contributor.

hi,

I would like to create a DB rule for condition when Result = Approved, however, the action that i have created is not working.

My rule is as follow:
When work order is created or modified
where Approval;Result(*) is (exactly)Approved
Alert for Approved Work Order(Send e-mail message),Send to:[Requestor;Primary E-mail Address],Subject: Your Work Order[ID],Message:

Can someone guide me on this?
Thanks
Ruth Porter
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Fenny,

The only thing I can suggest is that you try it with a condition:

Approval Result(*) starts with App

as it could be that the exact match is the issue.

Hope this helps

Ruth

PS it is better to start your own question rather than add to someone else's because it may not get noticed when you add it to an existing one and because only the person who posted the query can give points
Sam K
Valued Contributor.

Hi Ruth,

Thanks for your reply. I want to implement if anyone of approvers reject the Change request, then 'Result' should be updated as 'Rejected'.

How to implement this?

Thanks,
Sam
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

all the approvers have to reject the change for the result to change to "Rejected". There is no way around this as you cannot fire the rules against the field. I had a recent call open with HP about this but they have not yet found a way to do thsi if only one aprover rejected the call.

We have the person also set the overall change status to Rejected and trigger other rules on that.
Ruth Porter
Acclaimed Contributor.

hi sam,

If you want "to implement if anyone of approvers reject the Change request, then 'Result' should be updated as 'Rejected" then set the no of approvers required=the toatl number of approvers. If you do this you will see the strategy becomes N of N; then if any one says No the change will be rejected.

Hope this helps

Ruth

Sam K
Valued Contributor.

Hi Laughlin & Ruth,

Thanks for both of your reply. Change request should be rejected if one person rejects it. At the same time, all the approvers need not approve the request. Some approver may leave it blank. If Strategy is set as N*N, then it needs everyone to approve.

Thanks,
Sam