The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Deadline and Workgroup Calendar

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Deepika G
Regular Collector

Change Deadline and Workgroup Calendar

Hello ppl,

I need a clarification on two things:

1. How can Change deadline be calculated, is there any way to specify a mapping like in service calls, or is the deadline field in change just a field which can be populated using DB or UI rules?

2. For a workgroup, we can specify Opening Hours and Holidays. When any item is assigned to a workgroup, if deadline or any time is calculated, does it take the opening hours and holidays into consideration?

Thanks.
Deepika
6 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Change Deadline and Workgroup Calendar

Hello,

1. Deadline isn't entered automatically as in service calls. What we usually do is to set changes deadline to last workorder's deadline (if there is a chain of workorders) or to related service call/incident deadline.

If the change is a part of a project then we define the deadline according to project. Generally we set deadline to late finish.

2. The settings of Opening Hours & Holidays (if configured on General Setting) affect Planned duration calculation, not deadline.
menes fhtagn
FXCISD
Collector

Hye Deepika,

For your point no. 2, yes it takes the workgroups opening hours and holidays while calculating. You might want to the check the System Settings/General Settings/Applications to verify if you have checked in the right option (SD 5.1)

--Franz
Deepika G
Regular Collector

Thanks a lot George and Franz.

George,

1. If I set my deadline to a certain value, lets say 4 days from the date the change is created, it will just set the deadline to Date created + 4 days without taking into account the calendar of the assigned workgroup, right?

2. If I set the deadline as you mentioned, change deadline = last workorder's deadline, then will it take into consideration the workorder's assigned workgroup's calendar?

3. When you say that the workgroup calendar will be taken into account for planned duration, how will that work?
I specify planned start and planned end and thats where planned duration is calculated from, right?

Thanks.
Deepika :-)
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Hello,

1. This is right for Changes, Workorders, Projects and Problems. Deadline calculation take SLA into account only in Service Calls & Incidents.

2. See (1). Deadline for all items except Service calls & Incidents is calculated based on 24x7

3. When you say that the workgroup calendar will be taken into account for planned duration, how will that work?
I specify planned start and planned end and thats where planned duration is calculated from, right?

3. This is right provided that "Opening Hours Calendar of Assigned Workgroup for All Items" is checked on "Planned Time Calculation" on tab [Application] of General Settings. As I said this affects Planned duration calculations and NOT deadline. However you can take advantage of this and use planned finish to set deadline.

For example if you set planned start to a date and planned duration 4 days after planned start, then planned finish calculation will take opening hours into account. This setting Deadline to Planned finish makes the job.
menes fhtagn
Deepika G
Regular Collector

Thanks George.
Thats what I needed to know.
Deepika G
Regular Collector

Got the required clarifications
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event