The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change-Create work orders based on requestor input

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
dana kuehne
Acclaimed Contributor

Change-Create work orders based on requestor input

I am using change templates to open changes with work orders automatically opened and assigned.

Example: New Application Development Environment change template opens one work order for the database team and one work order for the web team.

Issue: Some changes do not always need all of the workorders. (Need only web and not db)

Any ideas on how to prompt the user for what work orders they need for their change and then open only the needed work orders ?(use sdevent???)

2 REPLIES
Ramaprasad N
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

Re: Change-Create work orders based on requestor input

If you are using SD 4.5 SP11 or greater, then you can use a custom application (AUTOWO - Auto Work Ordeer creation) built using OVSD Web-APIs (provided along with OVSD service pack). This application provides the options to create work orders upon approval only or you can limit based on any such criteria (it also provides the predecessor/successor relationships). It may be helpful to you. Please check that and verify, whether you can use that program and use it to align the tool with respect to your business needs/process.

-Ram
dana kuehne
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Change-Create work orders based on requestor input

Thank your for the info. I am already using the Auto Work Order creation with successor/predessor relationships.

My issue is-- how do I allow the requestor to choose which work orders they need. Is there any sort of menu I can provide the user to pick which work orders they need for their change. That way I can only open the ones they need or open all of them and close the ones they do not need.

Any ideas are appreciated.Thanks for the input.
Dana
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event