cancel

Cascading Close in service desk 4.5

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Claudia Tapia D
Respected Contributor.

Cascading Close in service desk 4.5

I need to know how can I create a rule to close al service calls related to an incident, when I close it.
4 REPLIES
Vasily Kamenev
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Re: Cascading Close in service desk 4.5

HI
On the last step, select Update data, set on "Select a related items?", from list Subcontract calls, field status = .

Vasily
Claudia Tapia D
Respected Contributor.

Hello Vasily

I've already test your advice but it didn't work, could you please tell me if I need also to configure HPOV 4.5 in order to have this functionality enable.?

THANK YOU

Thorfinn Thomas
Super Contributor.

I don't know for sure whether this applies to SD 4.5, but our SD 5.0 distinguishes between subcontract calls and related service calls.

At our server, the correct solution is to choose "Select a related item" as described before, but instead of selecting "subcontract calls" I choose "Related Service Event;Service Call".

I tested this, and it works on SD 5.0.

Regards,
Thorfinn
Ben Snell
Super Contributor.

Hi

You must remember to complete all the fields to enable the Service Call to be closed. For example: on closure of a SC a closure code is required. If your DB rule does not set the closure code and it is blank then the SC will not be closed.

Your server logs will display a message to indicate this - go through those and you will probably be able mto see what is happening.

Cheers
Ben