cancel

Cannot open Service and Service level agreement

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
MSEMEA
Respected Contributor.

Cannot open Service and Service level agreement

We have version 4.5 and SP15. Both Service and Service Level agreement are not in range. I wanted to open both to enter new times for both. I can not open them?
32 REPLIES
MSEMEA
Respected Contributor.

Re: Cannot open Service and Service level agreement

We have moved our database from one to another server. I can not even open config items. The mysterious thing is, that all data are there and I can use them for service calls. But I cannot open them.
Saurabh Dubey
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

When you say you can use them and not open them, can you please clarify what you mean?

Can you not see them as modules anymore??

In that case, it might be a case of licenses expiry...

If you've migrated your database to another server, then I would also recomment using the
"sd_dbconfwizard.bat -CHECKSTRUCTURE" command available in your "SD/server/bin" directory.

Hope this helps...

Regards,

Saurabh Dubey
Modesty is good!! But remember, all your life other people will try and take your achievements away from you, don't make it easy for them.
MSEMEA
Respected Contributor.

What I mean is, that the service is there and you can chose them, but I can not enter a new actual finnish. All I can do then is to end the task and restart the client.
Now, what I did: I gave another user administrator rights and with his user I could do all the things I wanted. What can that be?
Saurabh Dubey
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

It seems like your issue is related to access rights. Are you trying to check the details using the System admin access? Also, please check if the sd_dbconfwizard.bat -CHECKSTRUCTURE command gives any errors.

Regards,

Saurabh
Modesty is good!! But remember, all your life other people will try and take your achievements away from you, don't make it easy for them.
MSEMEA
Respected Contributor.

it is our productive datbase, does that command do anything to the database?
Saurabh Dubey
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

The command checks the structure of your database against it's initial structure. The command doesn't do any harm. It helps you detect if there are any errors in the database.

I have myself used it a number of times.

Have you checked with the access rights??

Regards,

Saurabh
MSEMEA
Respected Contributor.

I have tried using the database config .... all I can choose there is upgrade database or new database, what am I doing wrong? What do you mean by checking access rights, I thought I am the admin:-)
Saurabh Dubey
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

The command needs to be run from the command-line:

sd_dbconfwizard.bat -CHECKSTRUCTURE

What login-name are you using, that is giving you these issues?

Regards,

Saurabh
MSEMEA
Respected Contributor.

I am receiving an error doing it from the commandline. I have tried my user (admin) and the I have modified another one and made him to an admin and the it worked. But its still not working with my user.
Saurabh Dubey
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

when you give that command, what is the output/error you get?

Regards,

Saurabh

PS: what is the username? Are you using "system"?

MSEMEA
Respected Contributor.

cannot find file ...check if the path or name...

I am not using username system, we dont have such username I guess
Saurabh Dubey
Acclaimed Contributor.

HI,

This seems to clear things out more.

Your user has the admin rights. But it's a custom created user. Hence it's possible for admin rights to be removed also. Check the roles associated with your userID.

Also, the file sd_dbconfwizard.bat exists in "c:\program files\hewlett packard\openview\service desk\server\bin"
Go to your default SD path and then go to the bin directory to run that command.

A workaround to this issue is, that you can create another user with admin rights (as you already have) and give it the same details as your ID (with Sys-admin access). Switch your user ID with this in your persons record, and block your current user ID. That can be a workaround, if you are in an emergency.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Saurabh
MSEMEA
Respected Contributor.

sd_dbconfwizard.bat -CHECKSTRUCTURE gave no errors, results see screenshot

the idea with the new user with same rights was a good one, but it did not work, too bad
Saurabh Dubey
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

OK. It seems that the DB is clean.

What happened to the workaround. You said it's not working.

Follow the following steps:

1. Create a New Application Account called "admin" (I am guessing that's what your account is called). - Keep some dissimilarity in your current name and this one so that you don't choose the same account by mistake later.

2. Assign it System Administrator Role.

2. Go to your person record.

3. Change the Account field to the new account that you have just created.

4. Go back to application accounts and block the Old ID.

5. Log off Client and log on again with the new user ID.

This should let you work comfortably.

Hope this helps...

Regards,

Saurabh
MSEMEA
Respected Contributor.

Thanks for your reply, here is what I did:

1. created a new account (called: admin) and assigned administrator rights

2. went to my current user and blocked it

3. logged off and on again with the new user account

4. then I have tried to open a service and it did not work

5. I had to close down the client with the task manager

Somehow I have no clue what is going on here.
Saurabh Dubey
Acclaimed Contributor.

Something I should've asked long back...

What is the error you get when you try to open a service.... do you get a pop up with error?? or nothing happens and the screen remains still with no change....

Also,
try doing this...

Refresh you logserver.txt file (stop SD server for one second and rename the old logserver.txt to something else, before restarting it again-it will create a new logserver.txt).

Then log in with the new ID again, and try to see if anything comes. Most probably nothing will happen, but you will get the error log in the logs for the same.

Regards,

Saurabh
MSEMEA
Respected Contributor.

OK I get no error while trying to open a service, screen remains with no change and I can not do anything with the client other than to shot it down and to restart it

I did what you said with the server log file, but the system is not writing an error to the new file ...???
Ruth Porter
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi there,

Have you tried using a different form to open the items? You could try Ctrl+O to select a different one or set up a new form.

Does Update All work on more than one?

Hope something here helps

Ruth

http://www.teamultra.net
Saurabh Dubey
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

Can you still use the other user that you had modified earlier and opened the service?

See if there is any error in
"C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\Service Desk\log"
logclient.txt file...

Regards,

Saurabh
MSEMEA
Respected Contributor.

using a different form does not do any harm, it is still not possible for me to open a service

What do you mean by update work?
MSEMEA
Respected Contributor.

@Saurabh
I attached the error log, but I cannot do anything woth it
Saurabh Dubey
Acclaimed Contributor.

hi,

Going back to original problem. Is this issue only for Service and Service Level. Can you open the other forms correctly?

can you give me a snapshot of the screen when you double-click on a service to open it?

Regards,

Saurabh
MSEMEA
Respected Contributor.

I can open Service Calls, Changes; workorders, what I figured so far is, that I can not open Service, Service Level; Config Items. Now I can open an existing Service (BHW) but I cannot open BPT... service. I know it sounds like a authorization problem, but I have admin rights.
Saurabh Dubey
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

Can you try logging in from another system using your own ID and check if you can get through and open the services?

Regards,

Saurabh