Did you mean: 

Cannot View CI in WO form

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Gail D
Collector

Cannot View CI in WO form

I have a user that cannot view CI's in the CI tab of a WO form. The CI is there because it appears in the Preview area.
Has anyone experience this problem before?
I have re-install SD client and cleared cache.

Gail
8 REPLIES
Ramaprasad N
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

Re: Cannot View CI in WO form

Does the user has the necessary permissions? Please check the roles for that user account and see whether it has at least read only priveles for Configuration Items.

-Ram
JaS_4
Honored Contributor

Hi Gail,

Can your user view the same CI from the CI screen ?
Gail D
Collector

I thought it might be a permissions issue but other users in the same role do not have this issue.

I'll check to see if he can see the CI's from the CI view.

You both have been helpful. Will let you know what I found out.
Gail
Marc Hummel
Frequent Visitor

Are you using folder entitlement? if so what folders does the user/role have access to?

try purging cache (tools\advanced)

or goto c:\docs&settings(for this user)\appdata\hew-pack\openview\servicedesk and blow away all the folders there, this will cause you to go through connection process again and if it is the client, this should take care of the issue. (quick and dirty:)

hth
Wounds heel, Pain fades... chix dig scar's, oh and everybody WangChung.
JaS_4
Honored Contributor

Hi Gail,

I concurred with Marc. If its just one user, its likely his cache of database files are corrupted. Purge the cache and get fresh version from the database.
Gail D
Collector

I found out it is a permissions issue. I removed him from his current roles (Hardware/SA) and added him to another role (dba) and he is able to see the CI's. What I don't understand is that the Hardware & SA role has view/modify/new for configuration items and wo's.
I'm going to clear cache and then reassign him back to the Hardware role and then see if he can view the ci's or not.
Marc Hummel
Frequent Visitor

Did you check folder entitlement? easy way to determine is goto system panel, general and see if status and folder entitlement are checked.

If folder entitlement is checked look at the folder associated to the WO and the CI if it is set specifically to a folder item, walla'

Wounds heel, Pain fades... chix dig scar's, oh and everybody WangChung.
Gail D
Collector

Checked the folder entitlement and it was checked with the correct wol folders.
I think there was something corrupted and when I removed and reassigned him, it cleared the problem. He got all of his WO CI's views back, where before he could only see 2 fields. I had also stopped/restarted SD services which might have helped.
I'm closing this out since problem resolved.
Thank you all for your help.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event