Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we do...

Highlighted
sia2003

Can we do...

Hi there,
questions are about nonstandard ways to completion of a SCall form.
I need to know, can -
1. be fields
- Organization
- SLA
- Service level
- Service
- Assigned to workgroup
be automatically be set after the CI was selected. Via rules or not?
2. we select SLA in scall form when new scall is create, and what fields can be automatically set after the necessary SLA was select.

I'm use Sd4.5, sp23
9 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Re: Can we do...

Hello,

SLA & Service level cannot be set. These fields are filled by OVSD itself once a caller person/org have been entered, a service have been entered, the service is linked to an sla and the caller person/org is receiver of the sla.

Assignment to work group can be filled automatically, either by values on configuration item or automatically by the sla, once is set.

Setting organization from configuration item is also possible providing that organization is set as one of
"Owner Organization"
"Supplier"
"Administrator"
"Outsourced to"
any custom organization field on CIs
but *NOT* if the organization is user of this CI.
menes fhtagn
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

I forgot to mention: In case that you interested of setting organization from a configuration item user organization, you can limit the field range by generic relations but you cannot set the value.
menes fhtagn
sia2003

Hi there George,
are you working today too? :-)
Well, thank you for your answer.
But for my best understanding -
- SLA
- Service level
----------- this fields is like 'calculated fields' and only OVSD can set the value to it. Correct?
Then - possible to auto-set value 'Organization' according to which CI was select is impossible. Correct?

Then two questions -
1.for what
"Owner Organization"
"Administrator"
"Outsourced to"
"Service Level" and others such fields?
If all this fields set, or just some of them for one CI, then when SCall create and this CI is set for it- there is no any additional information in SCall from this CI -
WorkGroup, or service level or service - they all still empty until I select the necessary service by manual and so on. If all it so - for what field like this in CI form?
"Owner Organization"
"Administrator"
"Outsourced to"
"Service Level" For what purpose?
2. And second about 'generic relations' - is it again new thing which come with the some patch?
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Hello Sia,

I'm afraid I didn't understand your first question. Can you rephrase?

About your second question, generic relations are introduced in SP17 and it is a very powerful tool. I suggest to read the sd45_sp20_addendum_en.pdf that it is included in the \doc folder (where you extracted the SP23).
menes fhtagn
Vasily Kamenev
Honored Contributor

HI Sia.
You have the same problem as I'm - in one department workflow start from CI.
I did the next:
When set CI , select "Busines Service by CI",
then Select Organization (Organizations open by in window by Action), but this working with one IF NOT - if the Organization does not have more then one Service, if Services more the one, the internal rule crear the Service field and prompt me select the Servises again, after I set Organization.
I have a plan use other form or dymanic form where Organization is other field from Custom Field. And after save infromation about Org.and SLA sets in original fields by script. Perhats this will work by this way, if you like can try, I'm not tested yet.

Vasily
sia2003

Hi there to all,
to George - for 1st question I'm think I'm found answer. I thought what if I select some CI, then fields like "Organization", "Service" will be set automatically without any additional UI rules. But as I understand it's not true, and I must do it by myself via UI rules, which will be use information from CI fields like
"Owner Organization"
"Administrator"
"Outsourced to"
"Service Level"
ÐµÑ fill the form.
But sorry for my hard language...
Main reason and wish was to give user to use just one system handle, ID, serial - and being based on it to create/register new SCall... But can I do so? I thought to do it via helpdesk's operator, which will be set SLA by manual (it mean what the caller will tell him about SLA number) , but this impossible.
So, what other variants can be implement here ?
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Hello sia,

If you have users with SLA then you have bind users/configuration items and services with SLA. So, as first action you need to fill the caller field. Then use the action "Services used by caller" in order to fill service/sla and service level. Then just do "cis used by service" to enter the correct ci.

Or you can enter caller, do the action "cis used by caller" and then "business services using the ci"
menes fhtagn
sia2003

Hi there George,
are you talk about Overview actions?
in this case - can you describe how to create such actions? I'm still can't create exact actions as you say...
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Hello,

These actions are not overview actions. They are system actions and they are offered from the client.
menes fhtagn
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event