Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't see list of Work Order Templates from with Change Template

Highlighted
Marty Brown_1
Regular Collector

Can't see list of Work Order Templates from with Change Template

I've got a strange situation I'm hoping somebody can help me with. I'm on HPSD 4.5 SP21.

I need to perform some maintenance on a Change Template, and relate an additional Work Order template.

When I bring up the Change template, and click on "Work Orders", instead of seeing a window that shows all of the Change's related Work Orders, I see an 'empty' window that doesn't list any Work Order templates. It seems that the "View" that the system uses in order to show me the list of related WO templates is horked somehow.

I've attached a screenshot...

I've tried to right-click on the now-blank columnn heading to see if I can customize the view, etc, but it doesn't allow that.

Does anybody know how I can un-hork this View, and/or what its name is, etc? My Development environment does not have this problem, but my PROD environment does.

Thanks!

~Marty
3 REPLIES
Marty Brown_1
Regular Collector

Re: Can't see list of Work Order Templates from with Change Template

An update: If I take my local VIEWS.DAT out of the picture temporarily, I do see that the problem goes away. So I've somehow managed to create a lousy localized version of this internal View, but have no idea how I did that. Does anybody know what the name of that internal VIEW is, and/or if it's exposed anywhere to where I could 'reset' it?

Thanks!

~Marty
Err_1
Honored Contributor

Hello....every SD client has the option to clear out the cache when user exits, normally this cache clean up includes a reset of these .dat files

So when the user opens SD i twill collect all the refreshed data from the server.

Regards;
Randall Barrantes
SW Support Delivery Manager
Marty Brown_1
Regular Collector

Hi Err: Note: I had cleared my cache, in fact, I renamed my CACHE folder to .BAD so I was completely 'starting over' with fresh cache, and found that the error persisted.

If I delete (simply temporarily rename) my VIEWS.DAT file to remove it from the equation, I find that the error went away.

So, somehow, I have managed to create a localized (and broken/ineffective) version of the VIEW that is used to show the list of Work Order Templates from within a Change Template, that I don't know how to modify or delete completely without having to start from scratch and export/re-import all of my other localized VIEWs, so that I would have a VIEWS.DAT file that is devoid of this issue.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event