Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't do items after migrating to Service Manager

Highlighted
Carol Hibbard
Honored Contributor

Can't do items after migrating to Service Manager

What Service Desk features are proving difficult to replicate or live without in Service Manager.

For example, in Service Desk it is very easy to export/import a personal view to share it with another user. How can this be done in SM other than the unload utility?
3 REPLIES
Thorfinn Thomas
Regular Collector

Re: Can't do items after migrating to Service Manager

This is the Service Desk forum. Although SD is mentioned in your question, you are asking about SM features, so that forum is a better place to post.

You'll find the ServiceCenter/Service Manager forum here:

http://forums13.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/categoryhome.do?categoryId=695
The Pike
Honored Contributor

Thorfinn,

I believe Carol's intent is to receive feedback from other members in the Service Desk community who have moved to (or are testing) Service Manager rather than a "help me resolve it!" question.

The Pike
David L Anderso
Acclaimed Contributor

We haven't migrated to SM7 yet, though our project to do so is underway. My biggest concern has to do with search capabilities. My understanding from others who have done the migration is that the limited search capabilies in SM7 due to the non-relational db nature is causing their users major headaches and causing performance issues for their environment when long running "advanced" queries get entered by their users and then abandoned after 5 - 10 minutes of process time. Anyone else experiencing these issues?
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event