cancel

Can't delete line from history

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Del Ruesch
Respected Contributor.

Can't delete line from history

The attached screens show that a role has ALL access to history lines. Despite that fact, the user assigned that role cannot delete any lines from the history file. Obviously we don't normally want users deleting history lines but if they put one in by mistake, they need to be able to delete it. Why would the user not be able to delete a line if I've given them delete capabilities?

We're on ServiceDesk 4.5 SP 18.
5 REPLIES
jconsola20
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Can't delete line from history

Does the user have more than one role assigned to them? That can confuse permissions.
Del Ruesch
Respected Contributor.

No. He has only one role.
jconsola20
Outstanding Contributor.
Solution

I tested it out and it doesn't work for em either.
If I have the user manually create a history line, he can delete it. If it is a history line that is created automatically by creating the service call he can't. That might be by design though. If you are creating a service call an accidentally enter something in wrong, you just remove it. If you've already saved it, then just edit it and it will update the history line. No harm , no foul.
Del Ruesch
Respected Contributor.

If it's by design, then what is the purpose of the 'remove' capability on the detailed item access screen?
jconsola20
Outstanding Contributor.

I guess it is for if a history line is manually added, then you can delete it. Doesn't seem real useful to me.