The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can custom date fields use the calendar in WO

Highlighted
Claire Moor
Regular Collector

Can custom date fields use the calendar in WO

I've created a custom date field within a WO and have a UI rule to calculate this date based on another existing date field (ie take existing date and add 1 month to it).

Is it possible to use the calendaring options of the Work group for my custom field, i.e. if the calculated date turns out to be a bank holiday (non working day for the WG) can it automatically be set to the next working day of the WG?
3 REPLIES
Vasily Kamenev
Honored Contributor

Re: Can custom date fields use the calendar in WO

Hi Claire.
If you are not used Planned fields, then in General setting switch calculate Planned by WG hours and use rule for manipulate this by this fields to calculate your date and then copy to your custom field.
Or you are using Planned - web-api.

Vassili
Claire Moor
Regular Collector

Hi Vassili,

Thanks for your response. I'm not using the Planned fields for anything else so from what you've said if I change the calendar settings to the ones of the workgroup I should be able to get this working.

Could you please explain how in a bit more detail.

I've got a Planned Start Date which I want to use the WG calendar. When I change the status of my WO I use a UI rule to calculate a new date which is my custom field based on the Planned Start Date.
Vasily Kamenev
Honored Contributor

Hi
if you will use Pl.start and finish as result you will have a pl. duration calculated by WH of WG, if you fill pl.start and pl. duration as result you will have a pl. finish. All the next depends from you, how you like manipulate those fields: y. can copy existing result to y. Custom field(emp. pl.finish to CF1) or copy CF to planed before (emp. CF2 copy to pl.start), after calculation will completed and result y. copy , then y. can use this planed fields again for next calculation, if that required.

Vassili
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event