Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Can a table be created within a form?

Highlighted
Marc Hummel
Outstanding Contributor.

Can a table be created within a form?

For example I'd like to create a page/tab on config item, on that tab I'd like to pull various fields from seperate CI's back into it to display the 'entire picture' so to speak.

example: Server1 (CI)
tab: network interfaces (considering each interface is treated as its own seperate CI) I would still like to be able to pull the various fields needed from the network interface CI and display them on the Server1 CI form.

Is this possible?

Thank you for your time,
Marc
Wounds heel, Pain fades... chix dig scar's, oh and everybody WangChung.
4 REPLIES
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Can a table be created within a form?

Hi Marc,

I don't think so. You can relate the seperate CI's to the main CI (which you know) and use that to show all the relationships..

Marc Hummel
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Mark,
Thanks for the fast response. Understood as far as relations to the ci go, looking for a way to display info in an embedded table in order to speed up data retrieval rather than going into each related ci individually...

Thanks
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Marc,

There might be a way to use the webAPI to retrieve the information but you will need some common link between the CI's.

Exploring the relationships a little more if the relations are set up (and you may do this anyway as part of Config Management) you could set up a system (explorer)view with leaves. You would have to drill down to the CI in question in the explorer pane (left hand side) and have the data show in one of the leaves. Still not ideal but "an" option.

Marc Hummel
Outstanding Contributor.

Understood.

client wants the table though so it looks as if this will be put on the wish list at the moment I don't have time to dig too much.

Thanks again Mark and if I find a solution I'll let ya know.

~M