The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I modify an system error message? If so, how?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Moxie
Regular Collector

Can I modify an system error message? If so, how?

When someone tries to select a CI to relate to a Work Order or other form, and that CI has been Decommissioned and blocked, the system returns a message similar to: "you are not allowed to view this item".

That is a bit generic and vague and I'd like to make it more clear by tweaking the message text.

Can it be done? If so how?

Thanks!
Do it right the first time
2 REPLIES
Gyula Matics_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Can I modify an system error message? If so, how?

You can modify most error messages on the system console under presentation/localized text. The trick is finding the message in the thousands listed, because sometimes it is broken up into multiple parts.
AngieP
Regular Collector

Re: Can I modify an system error message? If so, how?

Moxie, would it be an easier alternative for you to modify the view that is used when user is choosing from the list of CI's by putting a filter where blocked = no? What I do in this case, is modify the CI table view that is related to everyone's role and my filter is set for blocked = no. This way people don't get an error message because they don't see it and try to choose it.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event